Guide for American Truck Simulator – Oregon DLC Achievement Guide
With the new Oregon DLC, 5 new achievements were activated and can be earned. In this guide, I will show you a good way of getting these achievements quickly and provide you with the locations you have to visit to get them. These achievements can be done fairly quickly, but you should at least allocate 5-10 hours of your time to do it (depending on how quickly you do it). With no further ado, let’s get into this.
The Beaver State
Probably the most straightforward out of all the achievements; visit every new city of the Oregon DLC by driving into it. Just passing through a city will also work; you don’t need to finish delivery to make it count. Some updates can be done from a highway, but sometimes it requires you to drive off the highway into the city to get the achievement update. I prepared an optimal route for it to get this achievement while also getting a bunch of the others with no effort. You can see the route at the bottom of the page. But for now, let’s continue with the next achievements.
This achievement requires you to visit 4 landmarks: Thor’s Well, Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Crater Lake, and Crooked River Gorge. You will also be able to visit those on the achievement route I’m going to give you later. For now, I provide you with screenshots where you can find all the landmarks if you are missing some or want to do them individually.
It can be found on Route 101 between Coos Bay and Newport. It is a small rest place which is not on the map at this location (The ARROW on the screenshot and NOT where the route “starts”):
Yaquina Head Lighthouse:
It can also be found while traveling Route 101, this time right after Newport, to the north. You have to drive off Route 101 onto a small road to get to it.
To get to this landmark, you have to take Route 97 from Bend to Klamath Falls and drive off into a street leading to a toll gate. Once passing the toll gate, and after driving about 30 miles, you will reach a small area next to the lake.
Crooked River Gorge:
It can also be found by traveling Route 97, but this time north of Bend on the way to The Dalles. After leaving Bend to the north and after the small gas station and the road leading to the Bushnell company, you will encounter a small road to the left next, leading to a small resting area. The location is found once you drove around the U-turn road thingy (however, you may call it).
Probably the easiest Achievement to get since it just requires you to drive on a single road section. Specifically, you drive over a bridge that lifts when a boat comes to pass the bridge (hence the name uplifting). The bridge can be found on Route 101 right before the Astoria text on the map (Approximately where the marker is on the screenshot):
Cabbage to Cabbage
This achievement can be unlocked while driving on Route 84 at a specific spot between Pendleton and Ontario. However, as already said in the achievement description, you need to deliver vegetables while taking this route to get it unlocked. I unlocked it with vegetables, and multiple people have confirmed that it works with frozen vegetables too.
Anyway, since it requires a special commodity, you need to search in your market for that commodity, and the route has to be over Route 84. This might require a bit of sleeping to refresh the board until you find a suitable one. Optimal would be one that lies on the route I’m going to suggest at the bottom of this guide; if it is not possible, try to do this by doing a quick job and playing around with the routing, so it goes over Route 84.
The achievement unlocks once you enter the passage from either direction on the following screenshot, so you don’t have to finish the delivery (contrary to what the achievement description says)
This achievement requires you to transport a commodity from each of the 5 timber harvest sites in Oregon. On the map, the harvest sites are always marked by what appears to be half of a saw blade as a symbol. Since there are more than 5 areas with this symbol in Oregon, you have to look at the area. If there are no buildings (black squares) marked inside the area, it is a harvest site.
These can also be done while doing the route, which I will explain later, but it might be difficult because sometimes no deliveries are starting there or go somewhere not following the route. I would recommend avoiding unnecessary headaches to check before you reach an area where one of these sites is a suitable delivery or not, and sleep if necessary to refresh the board. If you can’t find any, then move on. These can easily be done later by doing quick jobs.
Here are the locations of all the harvest sites:
The first one can be found to the east of Newport:
The second one can be found in Astoria:
The third one can be found to the east of Salem (even though Bend is closer, this site belongs to Salem, and therefore you have to visit Salem before you can find jobs from this one):
The fourth one can be found to the south-west of Medford:
The fifth one can be found to the south of Bend:
Possible route to get most of the achievements
Here is a screenshot of a route I find pretty efficient to get most of the achievements:
So let’s do a checklist so you can do this step by step (for references, see the above screenshots):
- You Start in Eureka and make your way up to Coos Bay (Route 101)
- Drive from Coos Bay to Newport, and you find the first landmark on the way: Thor’s Well
- Right after Newport on the way to Astoria (Route 101), you find the second landmark: Yaquina Head Lighthouse.
- On the way to Astoria (Route 101), you will find the bridge to give you the Uplifting achievement.
- From Astoria, drive through Portland to Salem.
- From Salem, drive through Eugene to Medford.
- Drive from Medford over Hornbrook to Klamath Falls
- Drive from Klamath Falls to Bend (Route 97), and you will find the third landmark on the way: Crater Lake.
- On Route 97 from Bend to The Dalles, you will find the last landmark: Crooked River Gorge.
- In The Dalles, you should be looking to transport vegetables for the Cabbage to Cabbage achievement already. It can basically go anywhere. Just make sure to lay out a route through Pendleton, Ontario, Burns, and Lakeview, which are the last 4 cities you require for the Beaver State achievement. Make sure you use Route 84 from Pendleton to Ontario because that is the Route where you get the achievement on!
- In case you don’t find any delivery in The Dalles even after refreshing the board by sleeping, you can move on to Pendleton by taking Route 84. But Pendleton is your LAST chance in this route to get vegetable transport for the Cabbage to Cabbage achievement. If you take one from here, make sure you take Route 84 to Ontario next, and after that, lay the route through Burns and Lakeview. If you decide not to take delivery or can’t find one, you can do this later by doing a quick job and laying the route through this specific point.
- Whatever choice you made above, you have to take Route 84 from The Dalles over Pendleton to Ontario.
- From Ontario, you drive to Burns, and from Burns, you drive to Lakeview. It would help if you got the Beaver State achievement upon visiting Lakeview, which completes this route.
Optional things you can try along the way for the Lumberjack achievement:
- Look for transport from Newport’s timber harvest site to Astoria.
- Look for transport from Astoria’s timber harvest site to either Portland or Salem.
- Look for transport from Salem’s timber harvest site to only either Eugene or Medford.
- Look for transport from the timber harvest site in Medford to either Klamath Falls or Bend.
- Look for transport from the timber harvest site in Bend to either The Dalles or Pendleton.Now, I would recommend only doing those when one of them is conveniently available. If not, ignore them because after you are done with the route, you can do the ones you missed by doing quick jobs.
This is my first guide, so I would be glad about any criticism you might have so I can improve. If you have any suggestions or hints, then please mention them in the comments.
Additionally, English is not my native language, but I tried my best to write it as best as possible. If something is unclear, then don’t hesitate to ask in the comments.
I hope this guide was helpful; happy achievement hunting! 🙂
I hope you enjoy what we shared today about American Truck Simulator – Oregon DLC Achievement Guide. If there is anything, you want us to add, please let us know via comment below! See you soon! And thanks!
- All American Truck Simulator Posts List