Guide for Among Us – Everything You Need To Know
Everything that you require to understand about the game has been incorporated in this guide here. Of course, it’s unnecessary to read all if you wish to learn the game independently.
But, I suggest you check out particular subjects such as “Why You Should Play With Friends?” and “The Route To Obtain Special Hats” if I were y’all.
What Is Among Us?
Among Us is an American science-fiction murder mystery game developed and published by Innersloth on June 15, 2018, for IOS and Android and on August 18, 2018, on PC at Steam.
The game follows a group of crewmates, which has an impostor whose goal is to sabotage their space-ship and kill everyone.
A simple concept for a game that became successful.
History Of Among Us
The entertainment providers continuously get more engaging when you know the game’s history, becoming a success.
Among Us, produced by a small team described as Innersloth, they released the game in 2018. It didn’t take too much consideration at first, with its first announcement was on mobile app stores. The game was just lost amongst other successful mobile entertainment providers that we all admire and enjoy.
After the game being published on the steam in the same year. It was also lost to the swarm of entertainment providers in the steam market place. With no one to notice the game itself. After two years of silence, Among us received updates during the summer and became the most attractive game with the assistance of memes;
And being seen as a successful content provider for streamers such as famous streamers we see in front of our twitch page.
The audience will remember that.
As the game became a successful content provider, the audience also appreciated observing people play the game since people relish observing various personalities displayed throughout the gameplay of the game, thanks to our fellow streamers.
Gameplay Basics Of Among Us
When it comes to playing the game, everyone has their particular gameplay option preferences.
Before Beginning To Play
There are a few manageable obligations you should do before you initiate.
- Jump into Settings and switch to Mouse + Keyboard movement. This will present you with the ability to stick with your arrow keys while using your mouse to aim smoothly will be a priceless experience for you.
- Set your language in the Data tab in options. When you first open the game, your language will be automatically set to English. Unless if you favor playing the game in the language you speak, you may change it.But, in multiplayer. Suppose you’re willing to join a server that speaks your language. There will be an option to change it. That option will be set to “Other” by default, mixing you with all other languages that this game provides you. If you’re an English speaker, set it to English for maximizing your possibilities of having a lobby with players you can understand.
- Pick a multiplayer name. Easy to disremember, but “Player” won’t do you good. You can’t pick a long name at all, so pick something attractive, modern, and desirable.If your name is too complex, people will call you out with your character’s color in-game. Not your nickname, which could be a bit frustrating for some players that relish others naming them by their signature title.
- Choose your region in-game. It is set to your local region by default when you first start the game, but you may want to shift your region to get better lobbies. Keep in mind that the time of the day also depends on your region. You may not find many players because of that matter. As long as your ms is not above 200, ping doesn’t express that much in this game.Likewise, if you require to meet up with companions, you cannot do so from various regions.
- Jump into Freeplay on the maps this game is presenting you on the menu screen. Try out your keys and some minigames. This is good to guarantee you acknowledge what you are affecting.You can use the computer in the opening area to shift yourself to Impostor to try out the antagonist-only menus in a secure condition or test out how killing, sabotaging, and using the vents as an impostor. With this free play option, you have the ability to practice doing the tasks this game is presenting you as a crewmate.
These were the basic options you had to keep in mind and change during the game’s start for a better experience for yourself.
Basic Information About Crewmember Role
The odds of you becoming a crewmate is higher. You will be chosen as one of the nine-eight [Depends on the Impostor count] crew members on the ship.
It is a simple role for some players, and yet you are everything, but unable, and performing smart mostly can deter you from being the opening catastrophe or getting lost when mid-game turns around.
As a Crew member, you start in a remarkably powerful stance. There are two Impostors [More or less, depending on the Impostor count in-game], and you have seven allies.[More or less, depending on the Impostor count in-game x2]
Nevertheless, you don’t know who to trust, and you are given a long list of duties that will regularly bring you through the entire ship, dividing your concentration and necessarily giving the two Impostors opportunities to limb you or others.
Every loss without an Impostor getting their punishment delivers you closer to absolute failure. This sounds like the speech of a great leader.
This is a game of showing off strategy skills. Here are some necessary hints to keep you outside of most trouble:
- Do your duties with the ones where everyone else is going. Examine where your duties are on your map, and prioritize the duties that could retain you in a group.Not doing your tasks is damaging your partners, so don’t just observe people idly until they notify a deceased person.
- Retain an eye on players going in and out of places. This is rather difficult for those who struggle to remember things unless you have a comprehensive remembrance.Be sure that one of the most prominent ways to uncover an Impostor is seeing them going in a place and not out and finding a deceased player inside. Prioritize people wandering in twosomes, as these are the most vulnerable to deception.
- Prepare for the discussion round. Unfortunately, the Impostors will terminate someone, and the deceased player will be located.Make a reminder of who you were wandering around with [primarily if they didn’t leave you for any notable amount of time], and conversely, who was prowling near the murder scene if you occurred to be nearby.
- Inspect sabotage warnings. Lights going out, alarms, and a counter symbolize that an Impostor wrecked a ship’s module. If these happen, it is a well-known system for everyone to finish or abandon what they are arranging to fix it.Do retain in mind that failure to fix lethal subversion in time will end the whole match in an Impostor victory.
Most of these basics may appear to be difficult for a rookie player at first, of course. And this is fairly reasonable. But, the more you play the game, the more you’ll get used to the basics.
Basic Information About Impostor Role
Starting as an Impostor can be a harsh and unforgiving experience.
While a crew member has a rather weak ability floor, even the most outrageous players can habitually recognize if you terminated someone in front of another player or dived into a ventilator while they were treading upon you, which can lead to you being disqualified spontaneously.
Most of the Impostor misplays in public lobbies consist of terminating players when another player was either monitoring you [via cameras or watching you walking into a room with no other exit] or commonly wandered in on you.
You have no refuge in standing against two crew members at once, as the deceased player will be immediately notified no matter what you do. So do what you can to make sure you’re not exposed.
Extra information you will want to grip on swiftly not to get ruined as an Impostor in the first round;
- You can terminate from notably far away. The termination range on “Normal” is reasonable and allows you to lunge at a player to terminate them.Don’t be frightened to bull dash a player if you’re sure your termination is maintained and secure. They won’t be able to escape or flee off unless they predict you properly.
- You cannot accomplish duties, but you can act. Securely acting duties is the philosophy of this game.Remember that this is remarkably difficult to perform consistently, but traveling throughout the map aimlessly is an absolute giveaway of an Impostor through the game. Ordinarily, hold still next to a duty spot that has no visible effect.
- Sabotages are the key to qualified Impostors. There is a tremendous quantity of maneuvering associated with what switches to press, as every subversion has heavy associations on crew flow or termination possibilities.Refrain from mashing buttons, mainly at the round start, when your termination ability is on cooldown. Remember that you can sabotage either doors or modules, not both [except on Polus map].
Of course, it’s not enough, and there are lots to learn to not do incredibly bad as an Impostor.
Among Us Map Footnotes
Here there are remarkable map pictures of Among Us with the data given on them. Every piece of knowledge you can gather from these pictures are provided here.
These photographs were discovered on google images. I also noticed another steam user made a guide about these maps, with these exact pictures being used. Be sure not to confuse this data as stolen info from that steam user’s guide.
Detailed Image Of The Skeld, with annotations and descriptions.
If you’re having a hard time learning this, here’s a website that could accommodate you with some more beneficial analysis for this map by Collin MacGregor.
Detailed Image Of Mira HQ, with annotations and descriptions.
If you’re having a hard time learning this, here’s a website that could accommodate you with some more beneficial analysis for this map by Collin MacGregor.
Detailed Image Of Polus, with annotations and descriptions.
If you’re having a hard time learning this, here’s a website that could accommodate you with some more beneficial analysis for this map by Collin MacGregor.
Advanced Gameplay Tips & Tricks
Now that we embraced everything you require to grasp to be qualified at the game [considering you’ve been practicing a lot], we will get deeper into the high-level advice that would assist you out.
Advanced Crew Member Tips
As a qualified crew member, your most influential protection is other crew members, as obvious as it is from the opening.
Impostors want separated victims inaudibly accomplishing duties in the back of a room no-one saw them enter, to get themselves a comforting crew member termination.
For that matter, twosome and thre*some are two terms you should retain in your brain. Wandering solo is, to put it clearly, as good as self-murder.
If the first player you encounter is an Impostor, and notably, if you engage in an out-of-the-way chamber, you won’t be seeing the light of the day again.
- Being in a visible twosome to other crew members is considerably safer than it seems at first sight. If you get terminated, the player roaming around with you will seem remarkably skeptical for self-evident reasons, even if they were not located escaping from your deceased self.As long as you don’t purposely split for them, you are putting an Impostor in a challenging position by roaming around with them, as long as others testified you two rambling off unitedly.
- A thre*some, and of course anything above this is even more, reliable and beginning at four crew members, you are confirmed to be reliable, as there are only two Impostors.There is also a particular dynamic with a thre*some even if you are unfortunate enough to roam around with both Impostors. Killing a person tagging along as an Impostor twosome is remarkably risky, as this pitches mistrust on both Impostors if they don’t make a sharp getaway or get located before the agreement.
- The companion method is the next progression of the aforementioned irregular tag-along. If you believe crew member enough to tag along with you even when the both of you are unaccounted for, you make yourselves an atrocious target for an Impostor, assuming you tagged with a safe person.Do not blindly go on a companion method with a player who hasn’t rationally justified themselves. Qualified Impostors will operate cautiously not to be voted off later. If you’re in uncertainty, ask a player to prove themselves in Discussions before you accompany them.
- Verified unions are the plural variant of this, with one crew member proven beyond uncertainty driving a crowd of other crew and sending them around the ship to do their duties. This dynamic drives Impostors to use their sabotages to try and shake you up instead of simply picking you off one by one and easily finishing the round.Killing the justified crew member can also break the group, so be remarkably cautious about traveling in a coherent group, as this is the foremost stand for Impostors.
- Remember to preserve your visible duties until the mid-game. It is very extraordinary for the crew to succeed by duties complete. Being capable of examining yourself or throwing the trash out in the presence of multiple other crews will spontaneously provide you to convince yourself beyond skepticism.Be concerned, thereby being a victim after this; however, don’t do this and promptly roam off.
Considering you are playing secure and not carelessly entering vacancies solely, your main moment of tendency will be undermined. While the crew will frequently travel in large groups down the hallway to fix it, this leaves you defenseless to being attacked by Impostors prowling around, notably during Lights Out.
The requirement for activity throughout fatal undermines also means that you might have to solely fix an objective, which is a perfect opportunity for a clutch Impostor termination if the crew members are rolling inadequately.
In the middle and late game, the highest threat is being prevented from completing duties. The Impostor can simply spam undermines off cooldown to transfer you deviating through the map and wait for any vulnerabilities to cleaver a mystery to an ill-fated crew member.
While you can succeed by eliminating bad Impostors, good Impostors will behave beneficially and tag with crowds sufficient enough not to be the one player who is never here. Until then, they get the flawless shot to get on with a termination.
Advanced Impostor Tips
With the knowledge of Impostors are being the most difficult role to play in Among us, there will be more tips for this role.
- Don’t just roam around aimlessly terminating the first crew member you catch solely. You will be selected out and exposed most of the time, particularly if you went on the occupied part of the map.If you want those appetizing snare terminations, the mid-game is where you will find them. Retain yourself conscious until the time comes.
- Be cognizant of who is assembling beneficial knowledge and justifying themselves. Reversely who is playing foolishly, irrationally considers you or made themselves suspect. It is deserving of skipping a reliable kill on a player that stands to be lynched or take some gambles to terminate the one person who proved themselves early and is trying to adjust the whole crew.Terminating players with beneficial knowledge paralyzes the crew, and leaving players who are suspect alive even when they’re wandering off alone makes them look remarkably suspicious and will regularly get them lynched first during elimination.
- If a crew member throws complaints or doubts around throughout a discussion and they’re not over you, strongly reconsider terminating them and not the crewmate they’re attacking.If the crewmember under complaint did not take the forethought to unite with crewmates or justify themselves, this presents them to seem offensive and will get them launched off. You seemingly won’t even require to converse and frame them.
- Closing irregular doors can make the crew panic pretty smoothly and set you up for unusual kills. Additionally, leaving many doors will only insignificantly prevent the next sabotage and can even split groups. If clocked accurately, you may give your teammate an opening he didn’t expect.
- Do not overlook eyewitnesses to open Impostor performances; they will always be considered. The main approach, considering your Impostor mate is acting fair and didn’t blow the sabotage early, is to fire sabotage.Particularly Lights Out, or lose the doors in the way of the Cafeteria to reach them or run your termination cooldown.
- If a crewmate found you out but doesn’t have a deceased crew member to notify, you still have an opportunity to terminate the crewmate.The deceased crewmate doesn’t speak, so you solely require to reach them and terminate them before they popped the Emergency Meeting button.
- Perform a stack termination if required. Simply perform a termination inside a crowded group. Someone will die, and the body will be reported very quickly, but it will be genuinely difficult. If not, impossible to see who did it as there is no termination animation besides a very sparse sidestep to suit your victim’s sprite.This serves remarkably well during undermines or routine duties as crewmates might go on top of each other’s, right on top of the task. Some may stand inside the stack to ridicule. Remember that everyone inside the stack becomes suspect, so be certain plenty of crewmates are not proven not to provide other crewmembers with an effortless conclusion.
Advanced Tips & Tricks V.2
Impostor tips [Continued]
- You can “Fake” visible duties if you are certain. Solely stack up with a crewmate who is genuinely arranging the duty and claim you also were arranging it at the equivalent time.While questionable evidence, abnormally if your choreography is off, it might be enough to get suspicion off of you in voting stalemates and explain why you didn’t save up your visual duties to the qualified crewmates.
- Sabotages are hard counter Emergency Alert. It will prevent it from triggering until the sabotage has been fixed, and you can efficiently terminate the reporter. [If lights were sabotaged, you could terminate the reporter in an open space.]
- Keep in mind that “Lights Out” sabotage can also be used to preserve a vent termination. If it fails and a crewmate wanders onto you after you’re out of the vent before you terminate the crewmate. Quickly perform “Lights Out” sabotage and terminate the crewmate if they are feeble-minded enough to run for the emergency button.
- Be cautious about terminating a crew member attempting to fix fatal sabotage if time is running out, particularly Reactor. You can move out time by playing the emergency duty and making sure there’s no reserve, giving you an instant and pleasing victory. Do keep in mind that if a crewmate notices the deceased crewmember and notify it, the subversion will instantly be eliminated, and you will move to Discussions, where you are guaranteed to be eliminated.When in uncertainty, solely fix the sabotage unless you are assured that the crew twisted it up and that they cannot repair or notify in time.
Discussion Phase Tips
The Discussion phase is where you will be eliminating a crewmember who you find suspicious. Every mistaken crewmate that has been eliminated will bring the Impostor to a guaranteed victory. We wouldn’t want that, do we?
It is necessary to record what a deceased crewmate notifier must do. The Notifier [Reporter in another term] is the crewmember who triggered the “Discussion Phase” by notifying a deceased Crewmate or requesting an Emergency Meeting.
As soon as the screen displays up, they must pull up the chat and give the subsequent questions a precise explanation. If it’s possible, do it in this exact order not to stir up your brain;
- Where did you find the lost deceased crew member, or where did you see the offense occur / what offense if you requested an emergency meeting.
- Who – Who has done the act [if the notifier knows], or who is suspicious. If not, you will be required to say who was near the terminated crewmember. If you saw no-one running in, it would be rational to state it.
- Why – If you can’t define both for an emergency meeting, describe why you requested it and what you want to accomplish.While requesting a non-execution meeting is not suspect, entirely foolish agreements are not fashionable. Obstructing a long round or consulting tactics like who is proven or not is not foolish unless the crew is about to succeed by duties.
- Evidence, hints – If the opening Discussion Phase is unsettled, the Discussion table opens to everyone else to deliver their doubts.Do not randomly charge a crewmember. Charging a crewmate suspicious of the inadequate proof. This will undoubtedly lead to an elimination of an innocent crewmember or cover an Impostor frame.
- Talk, Skip and Vote – Depending on the info collected, crewmembers either consent to vote for a particular crewmate, skip the voting phase if there’s no evidence or hints, or keep discussing and preparing for the next phase. Everyone must vote for the voting phase to end, don’t delay if possible.And constantly guarantee the vote doesn’t split. A tie or enough crewmembers skipping the voting phase will invalidate the vote and might provide a busted Impostor with a last free crewmate termination.
Failing to make a statement, particularly primary stuff, will make every crew member skeptical of a self-report. If you are a beginner to the game and notice a deceased crew member, it is better to open the map to see wherever you are before notifying other crewmates. You wouldn’t want to be in a vague position.
As said earlier in this guide, skipping is way more reliable in the game unless you have fatal confirmation or the notifier is willing to involve themselves in an arraignment.
Eliminating a crewmate because they might have been in the common field ten seconds before a statement is a pretty immeasurable way to eliminate an innocent crew member.
Be assured that you’re thoughtful when reinspecting steps theoretically, primarily as most qualified Impostors will naturally vent out and will be nowhere near the deceased crew member in a precise position.
Review the round approach if you have anything you require to do. There is no administration position in this game. Don’t demand crewmates to trail your orders if you manage them around. Still, it is fair to ask crew members to follow you to accomplish duties in a dangerous vacancy, which depends on the map you’re playing or justifying yourself. Since you can’t talk throughout the round, this is the opportunity to publicize your purposes.
Most crewmates lead to trust orders as an Impostor has no intention to get crewmates grouped up and preparing to justify each other. Though assume crewmates to snub you and ramble off in common antechambers. As long as you have two crewmates as followers, you can go onward with your intention.
During sudden termination, pretending your data isn’t immeasurable enough to perform the last shady crewmates. Make sure to get the crew members traveling as a group.
Suppose anyone makes something uncanny, attempt to get a thre*some on crew members. When in uncertainty, pop the Emergency Meeting button. Single elimination or couple can finish immediate death in Impostor victory.
Get crewmates justified and maintained as a crew. Method of elimination and supporting each other in Discussion Phase wins games for the crew. As the list of crew members alive gets less and less. As peculiar crewmates justify themselves beyond an uncertainty, the number of crewmates who are left gets more diminutive quickly.
If there are only as many Impostors left as crew members who are unjustified or questionable, you may require termination by the process of elimination.
I’d like to state that I have been accomplished a lot of analysis, examination, and review for Among Us, as I’ve also been within a lot of guide authors of this simplistic game.
I’d like you, readers, to give this steam user a +rep. His guide Among Us has been astonishingly beneficial.
Why Should You Play With Friends?
Like any other game out there, there is a particular variety of players you will confront and discourage you. I’m pretty sure they’ll make your experience in this game even more miserable.
The Players You Should Try To Avoid
- The players that leave the match at the start of the game. This is pretty common in every game, and it’s impossible to know who would leave the game when it started. Be sure to keep in mind that this is not regularly bad because some people require to eat lunch or take charge of their responsibilities.But this may get unnecessary when three various individuals leave at the literal beginning of the game. This is not very easy to confront this matter because most of the people won’t rejoin your particular lobby again after leaving. If you see someone frequently doing this over and over, you might require to ban them from your lobby.
- Targeting Players. This can depend on the variety of your behavior to your nickname. Just because someone doesn’t relish your nickname, he/she might target you even if you are innocent. It’s best if you kick them. Suppose they didn’t get the point through and keep that up. Ban them.
- Unreasonable Emergency Meetings. When people call an emergency meeting at the start of the match and leave, I’d just memorize their signature name. If they do this again, you should just ban them because it is disappointing for experienced players and frustrating for new players. A waste of emergency meetings at the start of the game? Sickening.
- Unreasonable Fake News. It is okay to lie as an Impostor to get someone eliminated and save themselves. This is rather appreciatable and understandable from the perfective of a gamer.But! People who are naive and charge another innocent lying about;
“I HAVE WITNESSED THE MURDER OF THE IMPOSTOR!”
These lies ruin the game’s course because it gets the victim voted and then usually gets the accused voted off as well, which kills two innocents, leading the Impostor a step closer to success. This is presumably someone you want to ban if they do it on various occasions multiple times.
- Voting Off, Trolling. This is when an Innocent vote for themselves or someone else randomly. This nearly wasted the game because we knew who the impostor was, but we could not get sufficient votes because this fellow voted for himself. As before, simply retain an eye out and ban if it occurs again.They voted someone else for no purpose, even when the Impostor was confirmed. Providing a solid opportunity for an impostor to succeed in his profession.
- Unreasonable Blamers. It is not that pressing, but if someone keeps bouncing on various individuals with nearly weak proof and are innocent, you might require to retain an eye on them because some people are neurotic, but others are simply trolls. You must be sure you understand if they are ingesting this on persistence before you ban someone for this matter.
- Teamers. My god, they have to burn in hell. I deeply excuse for breaking my fairly rational speech style. They are just frail, feeble-minded people walking around like they’re great at the game.
Are You Having Trouble Finding Proper People To Play With?
This is fairly understandable. Some people do lack companions. There are several solutions to this matter. But, there are more effective methods to find people that you could fiddle with.
As the writer of this guide, I would like to demand you to join my own Among Us Discord Community to assist you out as well as this is the most practical way you can find decent players to play with.
Here’s the link to you, gentle guidance browser. https://discord.gg/v6MmMn5
The Route To Obtain Special Hats
On rare occasions, experienced players must have confronted players with items they don’t have.
For new players, this will be more appealing to collect more items. It’s always pleasuring to have something new, especially for new players.
In this part of the guide, I will be showing you how to receive the hats that you weren’t able to take back at the time.
There are two types of hats separated into distinctive headgear. You can observe these hats as unique hats that you get from a TF2 case that you open with keys.
Those hats are Halloween special hats and Christmas special hats.
The Trick Behind Getting These Hats
I must say, with this game being a unity game production, there are some games that you specifically do the following tutorial I’ll like you to follow in this guide.
If you wonder about the mystery behind this is, that this game carries a script that forces the game to provide you with these items at a particular time.
If I were you, I’d follow the tutorial that I will be granting you. Because there is a probability that Innersloth productions may reject this script, and you may never get these freakish hats in the future days…
How To Get The Hats?
The tutorial is rather simple. The following sentences and images that I will be providing you will help you obtain these hats.
You have to adjust the time of your computer.
After opening the windows option tab from the taskbar, you will be greeted with time options.
You must turn off the point where it has been given with number one [Uncheck Set Time Automatically & Set Time Zone Automatically] And click on point number two to adjust your date & time.
After reaching the point, you require to set your time. This is where you set the times given by the images presented to you in the guide.
The first image will be the Halloween Time.
The Second Image will be Christmas time.
If you can’t see the numbers, just click on them. You’ll get a better visual of the images presented to you.
After you setting your time to those images given up above, you may require to restart your game. If you have chosen to obtain Halloween hats first, this is what you will be greeted with;
If you have chosen to obtain Christmas hats first, this is what you will be greeted with;
When you get your cosmetics, be sure to turn your pc date back to the current date. You will be retaining the freakish hats forever now.
What If This Tutorial Didn’t Work?
There may be several points you might’ve done wrong in this tutorial given up above. Be sure to verify the probability that I have listed below;
- Some people do make mistakes when changing the date and time from the windows option. There is a high possibility that you may have changed the date wrong. We are all humans. We do make mistakes. And that’s fairly reasonable.
- After following the tutorial up above, you do not see these items even when you restarted your game. That means the game hasn’t verified the items to your account properly yet, and you need to restart the game once again.
- If you didn’t acquire the hats again and followed the list, I’ve provided you. Then, the Innersloth productions have fixed this bug that we see as a cool feature to the game. And the items are no longer obtainable.
And please, be certain to keep in mind that these pictures up above were received by the other guide authors named as;
Provide them a round of cheers and +rep them on their profile, presenting you with this knowledge. It would be rude of me just to rip out their guide.
After passing through a lot of analysis, experimentation, and examination, I finally provided this guide to the steam player community of Among Us.
With some study of other guide authors, as I mentioned them and provided their steam links to. I deeply approve of them and appreciate their unbelievable effort.
Also, I highly praise this steam user for encouraging me to compose this guide. Go, give him +rep to this man. He deserves it.
[with the experience, being the oldest player on mobile for approximately a year, I profoundly cherish, honor, and admire Innersloth Productions for presenting us with this fascinating, brilliant game. I wish I noticed the steam version earlier and signed this guideway before.]
This is all that we can say about Among Us – Everything You Need To Know About for now. I hope this post helped you. If there is anything that we should add, please let us know via comment below. See you soon!
- All Among Us Posts List