Apex Legends – How to change only the audio language
This guide will explain how you can change just the audio language in the Steam release of Apex Legends. This allows you to play the game with separate voice audio to the UI language, such as Japanese voices and English UI / Subtitles.
If you have any questions about anything in the guide, be sure to leave a comment, and I’ll try to get back to it.
Step 1 – Downloading the additional language files
- Browse to the game in your library
- Right-click and select properties
- Go to the Language tab
- Select the language that you want to use for the audio
Step 2 – Preserving the downloaded language files.
Now that you have the language file downloaded for which we want to use as our audio, we want to move this file elsewhere; otherwise, when we switch the language option back in Steam, it will remove them from the install folder.
- Move the downloaded general_[languagestring].mstr file to another folder out of the Apex game installation (located under audio\ship folder)
- Go back to the language tab under game properties in Steam
- Revert the language option back to what you’d like to use for the UI / text
Step 3 – Using the audio language downloaded
- Move the downloaded language file in step 1 back to the audio/ship folder in the game installation folder
- Right-click the game and click properties
- In the General tab, click Set Launch Options
- Put in the command +miles_language [languagestring]
- Language string is what’s after the general_ of the audio file itself. For the Japanese audio, this would just be +miles_language Japanese
When the game updates in the future, it’s possible you’ll get an error launching the game. In which you’ll have to redo all the steps to get the latest language files.
Hey there, thanks for checking our blog. I hope the information you found about Apex Legends – How to change only the audio language helped you. If you believe we forget something to add or want us to add extra on the post, please let us know via comment below. Thanks, and see you soon!
- All Apex Legends Posts List