Baldur’s Gate 3 – Your very own Owlbear. A quick Guide
Thanks and credit to Call_Me_Gibletish on the BG3 reddit.
“If you killed all the goblins then I believe that you cannot get the owlbear cub. The only way I have figured out how to get it is by:
1. Kill it’s mother in the owlbear cave.
2. Leave it alone to eat its mother.
3. Leave the cave and end the day (long rest at your camp).
4. Go to goblin camp and find the goblins playing “chicken chase” with the owlbear cub (on the west side).
5. Talk to the goblin running the game and get through the dialogue but end with refusing to play the game because of cruelty.
6. Talk to the owlbear cub (via speak with animals potion or other similar effect) and tell it to come with you. It will want to but be afraid of leaving the goblins.
7. Talk to the goblin again, but this time there is an option to say you want to leave with the cub. Select this and intimidate/persuade/illithid tadpole your way to success.
8. The cub will run away. Now you just have to do other stuff/wait for it to show up at your camp. It showed up at my camp after a few long rests.”
Thanks for the info guys. :)”Bucketman22
I got both the cub and the dog, also you can alternatively have the owlbear cub stay there until after you murdered all the goblins and they’ll come so long as they don’t die in the fighting””TIERGANDRRR
I found the cave and didnt attack the owlbear , later on i found the owlbear cub in the goblin camp. i used animal speaking with him and told to come to my camp. i persuaded the gobling to let him go. but since i already had a dog in my camp he didnt come.”
You don’t have to kill its mother, it still shows up at the goblin camp if you interacted with/persuaded the mother to not kill you. It can appear alongside Scratch the dog so you can have two pets. :)”
By Dr Nilsson
- All Baldur's Gate 3 Posts List