Guide for Celeste – Memorizing the Chapter 1 and Chapter 6 Crystal Heart Dash Sequences!
I’m not sure if anyone else has already made this guide, but it’s something that I recently figured out myself, and I thought I’d share the information!
Now, there are plenty of guides out there telling you the dash patterns for simply getting the Chapter 1 and Chapter 6 crystal hearts. However, maybe you’re someone like me who’s already gotten them several times in various playthroughs, and now you want to go one step further and commit the patterns to memory! Perhaps you want to use this for speedrunning, or maybe you just want to impress your friends! In any case, this is the method I’ve figured out to memorize the patterns, and maybe this will help you to do so as well!
⬆ ⬅ ↘ ↗ ⬅ ↖
⬆ ➡ ↙ ↖ ➡ ↗
⬇ ⬅ ↗ ↘ ⬅ ↙
⬇ ➡ ↖ ↙ ➡ ↘
For starters, I found that it’s far better to memorize each direction, not as its own individual, raw direction, but rather its relation to other directions! It makes memorizing the Chapter 1 pattern significantly easier, and it makes memorizing the Chapter 6 patterns astronomically easier! So that is how I will be describing each direction in the sequence!
Dash #1 and #2
So, your first two dash directions start as your establishing cardinal directions, establishing whether the horizontal and the vertical directions will be default or flipped. Your first dash is a vertical (up/down), and your second dash is a horizontal (left/right). By default, this will be Up and then Left.
Your next dash direction will be a diagonal that combines the opposites of your first two directions. For example, the first two directions in the default pattern are Up and Left, which means the third will be Down-Right.
This dash will be another diagonal that will have the same horizontal direction as the previous diagonal, but the opposite vertical direction (keeping the same left/right direction but flipping the up/down direction). By default, the previous diagonal will be a Down-Right, so this one will be an Up-Right.
This dash direction will be a horizontal! Think of it as, you’re removing the vertical direction from the previous dash, but flipping the horizontal direction. So by default, the previous dash is an Up-Right, so you are removing the Up and flipping the Right to make it Left!
This will be a diagonal dash! For this one, you are keeping the same horizontal direction as the previous horizontal dash, but re-introducing the vertical from the last diagonal! So in default, you’ll combine the Left movement from dash #5 and the Up movement from dash #4 to make Up-Left! Another way to look at it could be, you’re just taking the diagonal direction from dash #4 and flipping the horizontal direction. So in default, you’re going from Up-Right in dash #4 to Up-Left in dash #6!
So all together, in the default pattern, you’re establishing your vertical and horizontal as Up and Left, then you are going the opposite of both by going Down-Right, then you are flipping that vertical and going Up-Right, then you are flattening out the vertical and flipping the horizontal to go Left, and then you are bringing back the vertical and keeping the same horizontal to go Up-Left!
This way of memorization makes the Chapter 6 sequence way easier, because instead of memorizing 24 individual, raw directions, you are just memorizing a series of 6 relative directions, which you can then freely flip the horizontal and the vertical to! For example, you can take the bolded section above and flip one or both of the two first dashes, and bang, you’ll have an entire flipped sequence no problem! To demonstrate with the three other sequences for the Chapter 6 heart:
– Establish your vertical and horizontal as Up and Right, then go the opposite of both by going Down-Left, then flip that vertical and go Up-Left, then flatten out the vertical and flip the horizontal to go Right, and then bring back the vertical and keep the same horizontal to go Up-Right
– Establish your vertical and horizontal as Down and Left, then go the opposite of both by going Up-Right, then flip that vertical and go Down-Right, then flatten out the vertical and flip the horizontal to go Left, and then bring back the vertical and keep the same horizontal to go Down-Left
– Establish your vertical and horizontal as Down and Right, then go the opposite of both by going Up-Left, then flip that vertical and go Down-Left, then flatten out the vertical and flip the horizontal to go Right, and then bring back the vertical and keep the same horizontal to go Down-Right
Some extra details to note that may help with memorization:
– There are two horizontal dashes in the sequence. They are both the same direction, and they both occur halfway through their half of the sequence (dash #2 and dash #5).
– There is only one vertical dash in the sequence, and it is the first dash.
– There are three diagonals in the sequence, and all of them are unique (none of them are repeated). There is one diagonal in the first half of the sequence, and two diagonals in the second half of the sequence. The two diagonals in the second half of the sequence are the first and the last dashes in their half of the sequence, broken up by the horizontal dash. They are both in the same vertical direction as eachother, which is opposite to the vertical direction of the diagonal in the first half. They are both the opposite horizontal directions to eachother, the first one having the same horizontal direction as the diagonal in the first half, and the second one having the same horizontal direction as the two horizontal dashes. The second dash is also the combined directions of the first two dashes.
Thanks for reading!
That’s all I’ve got! Thank you so much for reading through it, and I hope that it helped you out! Have a good one! 💙🍓
This is all that we can say about Celeste – Memorizing the Chapter 1 and Chapter 6 Crystal Heart Dash Sequences! for now. I hope this post helped you. If there is anything that we should add, please let us know via comment below. See you soon!
- All Celeste Posts List