Guide for CODE VEIN – Cathedral of the Sacred Blood (Fog Door Glitch Fix)
As a disclaimer, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen if you stray from this guide. The debug console has many options that can potentially break your save more than it already is. If you don’t know what you’re doing, please follow the guide. Thank you.
To fix your softlock, you require only a single tool. The “Universal Unreal Engine 4 Console Unlocker” hosted on FRAMED.
This is not my tool, and I take no credit for it. All credit goes to Otis_Inf and SunBeam.
Download it from this link: https://framedsc.github.io/GeneralGuides/universal_ue4_consoleunlocker.htm
Setting up the Debug Console
Setting up the tool is simple, and the steps are explained at the download link, but I will explain here as well. The download includes a DLL and an injector. Some antivirus may detect it as malicious. It is a false positive and can be ignored.
- Download the zip file from the provided link above. It is at the bottom of the page.
- Unpack all files into the game’s root folder—most likely “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CODE VEIN” Wherever your CodeVein.exe is located.
- Open the IGCSInjector.ini in Notepad or any text editor and change the line “Process=YOURGAME-Win64-Shipping.exe” to “Process=CodeVein-Win64-Shipping.exe” and save the file.
Once you do this, you are ready to fix your broken save!
Using the Debug Console
This is the final step, and is actually very simple. Just follow everything perfectly, and you will be fixed. There are many more options than the two I use here, but I would stay away from them unless you understand what you are doing. You can potentially break your save even more than it already is.
- Open Code Vein and get to the main menu.
- Open the IGCSInjector.exe and wait. Two CMD windows will open. One will say, “Done. Enjoy!” so press any key to close that window. The other needs to stay open. It will have command info.
- Load your game and head outside of the Cathedral of Sacred Blood fog door currently glitched for you.
- Press the ~ key, usually above TAB, and the console should open in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Type in “toggledebugcamera” without quotes and press enter.
- Your camera should now be unlocked from your character. Fly the camera through the fog door and stop it around the center.
- Open up the console a second time, but now type in “teleport” without quotes and press enter. Your character should be instantly teleported to where your camera is facing.
- Open up the console one final time and then enter “toggledebugcamera” one last time. Your camera should now resnap to your character, and you can move again.
- Finally, continue down the back of the area to activate the next cutscene.
The fog will be removed after that cutscene, and you can continue playing without losing hours of progress!
Not much to say here besides I hope this guide has helped you. I originally posted this method on the Steam discussions page, and many people have found success with it. All of them, actually. I wish for this guide to become obsolete and useless once Bandai Namco releases a patch. Who knows how long that will take, though, so use this temporary fix to save you from losing your hard-earned progress! Cheers, and enjoy the game!
Here is the original discussion if you wish for proof this works before downloading anything I offer:
Oh, and I’ll leave you with my Best Girl™
As a bonus, there is a CE script that bypasses the accessory cost limit. You can make some pretty nice hair without the limit =) The debug camera also helps with getting better screenshots.
Hey there, thanks for checking our blog. I hope the information you found about CODE VEIN – Cathedral of the Sacred Blood (Fog Door Glitch Fix) helped you. If you believe we forget something to add or want us to add extra on the post, please let us know via comment below. Thanks, and see you soon!
- All CODE VEIN Posts List