Guide for Cyberpunk 2077 – Blue Hell Portals – Exploring Beneath Night City
Beat the game? Bored of wasting the same gonks over and over again? Feeling the call of the void? You’ve come to the right place. Today I’m going to show you (quite literally) the doorways to Cyberpunk’s Blue Hell.
In 2077, they voted my city the worst place to live in America. Main issues? Sky high rate of violence, and more people living below the poverty line than anywhere else.
Blue Hell – the empty, out-of-bounds areas found underneath the map. You get a bizarre view of the skybox and world above, lots of odd edges to bounce around on, a bottomless void below, and every so often you may find something very interesting hidden away. Obviously we’re not supposed to be here, but its lots of fun to poke around.
BHP/Blue Hell Plaza – A blue hell interior in Charter Hill.
K-Glide/Katana Gliding – A technique that uses the Katana to move vertically upward.
K-Hop/Kerenzikov Hopping – A technique that uses the Kerenzikov cyberware to move really fast horizontally.
Gear, Precautions, and Observations
Bring the Kerenzikov nervous system cyberware. You need this to K-Hop.
Bring the Reinforced Tendons leg cyberware. You need this to do double-jumps.
Bring a Katana. You need this to K-Glide.
Refer to the K-Glide and K-Hop tutorials below. You need this tech to be able to move around.
Avoid falling into the void. The game will reload at a certain height and attempt to place you back on flat terrain. This doesn’t seem to work consistently though, as I’ve ended up falling and reloading repeatedly, eventually needing to load a save to stop the loop. Only jump in if you’re getting a closer look at something with photo mode.
Avoid pressing the photo mode key at the same time as the game reloads, as V can get stuck:
Now you can play in third-person!
- Most walls are impenetrable from inside blue hell, including quickhacks and tech weapons
- A few walls aren’t though – these tend to be near doorways
- Police can spawn in blue hell – tested after getting 3 stars
- Navigating blue hell isn’t easy. Some floors/walls aren’t visible from a distance
- Some aren’t visible up close either, but will still show some telltale black outlines
How To K-Glide
K-Gliding can be used to move upward. To keep it simple:
1. Draw your katana
2. Quickly press and hold ALT while scrolling your mousewheel down once
3. If done correctly, you’ll draw an invisible katana
4. Face straight upward and spam attack to ascend
5. You can make slight movements while gliding, but don’t overdo it or the glide will fail
An excellent tutorial:
How To K-Hop
K-Hopping can be used to move horizontally. To keep it simple:
1. Draw weapon and aim down sights
2. Dodge forward while aiming – slow motion activates
3. Stop aiming, spam W and Spacebar
An excellent tutorial:
Locations – Blue Hell Plaza
1. First head to this location in Charter Hill. Use the Luxury Apartments fast travel point.
2. Intersection southeast of BHP. Head all the way up the stairs on the right.
3. At the top of the walkway, PARKOUR along the ledge to the courtyard.
4. Drop into the courtyard, and follow the stairs down.
5. Surprising right? These are the Southwest, Southeast, and Northeast Gates respectively.
1. Blue Neon – BHP SE Wall
To reach this spot, K-Hop from the SE Gates to the SW wall.
Then jump from the SW wall to the SE wall. You’ll have to blindfire a bit here.
If you land on the lower level, just K-Glide up to Blue Neon.
2. Under The City – BHP SW/NW Wall
To get a similar view of the city, just push the camera up against a wall, and look slightly upward. In the case of the left photo, you may need to get some height above the floor. This trick is a bit finicky.
To get to these locations, K-Hop from the SW Gates to the SW wall.
Then jump from the SW wall to the NW wall. You’ll have to blindfire a bit here.
3. Subway Station – BHP NE Wall
Getting here is a bit tricky. Follow the steps and their corresponding screenshots:
1. From the NE Gates walk to the edge
2. Sprint forward, fall under the wall, and double-jump back up onto the other side, hugging the wall so V grabs it
3. Get close to the wall and perform a K-Glide, making slight movements to follow the red arrow upward. You need to move forward or you’ll hit an invisible ceiling about halfway
4. You’ll ascend far enough to be able to fall next to the station wall, and enter through the back
Take a look around: there’s not much! The back of the station is closed off sadly. There are some benches, and two vending machines. Go nuts.
Anomalies – BHP Tower Apparition
Now, this is really what prompted me to make this guide. I had just found BHP and was still jumping around when I caught a glimpse of this structure, far into the void:
The left can be seen from the SW walls; the right is from K-Hopping down the NE Gates. After jumping even closer, I spotted an additional, falling object:
Closest shots I was able to get. The bottom images are AI-upscaled closeups of the top.
You can get right above the tower, but the game will reload before you land (and die). It’s only when getting within range of the tower that this NPC spawns and starts falling below you. Only distinguishable features are the black clothes and white mohawk. It appears to be stuck in the static jumping pose used in photo mode. I haven’t heard it say any dialogue nor seen any text boxes. It will respawn and fall each time. Spooky.
My guess is this was used for testing physics, or a scripted event involving a falling npc.
I’m currently looking for other entrances while still exploring BHP a bit more. I’ll post any interesting finds as I go.
Thanks for checking our blog. I hope the information you found about Cyberpunk 2077 – Blue Hell Portals – Exploring Beneath Night City helped you somehow. If you believe we forget to add something or update the post with more information, please let us know via comment below! See you soon!
- Check All Cyberpunk 2077 Posts List