Guide for Garry’s Mod – How to fix GMod not recognizing installed/updated addon
aka “Why the **** this addon doesn’t work even after reinstalling multiple times?”
help this addon doesn’t work fix it now!!!!!
Hate when this happens?
There are many reasons for why this could happen:
- Steam CDN being down (either having problems or just maintenance)
- Steam client not recognizing the updated subscribed addons list
- Steam failing to write addon’s files (content lock, corrupted download, hdd problems???)
- User actually not installing the addons (but we’ll leave this out for now)
well what do i do then
There are few simple steps you can do to mitigate this problem:
- 1. Open Steam Library
- 2. Locate Garry’s Mod
- 3. Right click on it and choose “Properties”
- 4. In “Properties” window, choose “Local Files” tab
- 5. In “Local Files” tab press the “Verify integrity of game files” button and wait until it completes
- 6. If there are any problems with installed addons, Steam will redownload them.
if it doesn’t work just nuke it all
If steps above didn’t help, you can try the last resort option:
Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Clear Download Cache (you will need to login into Steam again after that)
Written by YuRaNnNzZZ
I hope you enjoy what we shared today about Garry’s Mod – How to fix GMod not recognizing installed/updated addon. If there is anything, you want us to add, please let us know via comment below! See you soon! And thanks!
Recommended for You:
- Check All Garry's Mod Posts List
Leave a Reply