Guide for Mason: Building Bricks – Problem with saving
What is the reason?
Here is the save path, if you have a space like me, then the game can not read this name.
The save window shows you the folder where the game is saved, usually this is “C:\Users\Username\Documents\Mason\Saves”. Could you check this folder and see if anything is still there?
What is the reason? Developer’s response:
If your path to “documents” contains non-ascii characters, such as the non-English alphabet, this could be a potential cause of the problem.
How to fix it?
There is hacky way to change the folder. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to steam library page in your steam client.
2. Right click on “Mason: Building Brick” and select properties.
3. From the left menu select “LOCAL FILES” and then click on the browse button. This steps opens the game folder in windows.
4. Inside the game folder create a folder exactly named “MyDocuments”.
5. Open the folder that you just created and inside it create another folder named “Mason”.
6. At this point you should have a path that looks something like this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mason\MyDocuments\Mason”
7. Start the game and the game will use this folder instead of your windows “Documents” path.
* This folder might be deleted if you uninstall the game so make sure you make a backup before uninstalling.
Thanks for checking our blog. I hope the information you found about Mason: Building Bricks – Problem with saving helped you somehow. If you believe we forget to add something or update the post with more information, please let us know via comment below! See you soon!
- All Mason: Building Bricks Posts List