Murder House – Walkthrough & Achievement Guide
- Go to Settings in main menu → Video → and set it to PSX for better visibility.
- This game features tanky controls such as Silent Hill or Resident Evil games from PS1.
- All directions are from the character’s perspective.
- Start a New Game.
- Approach the photographer and sit on their knees.
- Leave the photo booth by holding W.
- Follow the right wall until finding a security gate.
- Crawl under it with Spacebar key.
- Follow the left wall until finding the mall entrance.
- Pick up the key from the floor.
- Also, read both missing posters on the wall:
- Continue through the left wall until reaching a second security gate.
- Use the key on it (press Z to open the inventory and click to use the key).
- Go through the security door.
- Follow the right wall and read the poster next to the exit door.
- Go left to find yet another (blinking) poster:
- Return to the exit door and go through it.
- Read both posters on the side:
- Follow the corridor and remember the only camera change as you’ll have to return here.
- Continue through the corridor until the killer shows up.
- Then quickly, run back to the restrooms and head inside.
- Hide on the first stall and wait for the killer to leave.
- Leave the stall with Esc key and go through the back door.
- Follow the corridor until finding a large door.
- Go through it.
- Pick up the flashlight from the shelf.
- Make your way through this room and pick up the screwdriver at the very end.
- Go through the door next to the TV.
- On the next room, make your way to the next door.
- Once at the room with lockers, immediately go right and enter the showers.
- Open the last curtain.
- Use the screwdriver on the drain to get a Tiny Key (press Z → Click on the screwdriver).
- Leave and head to the locker right in front of the showers. Use the Tiny Key there.
- Note the code that shows up: 5534.
- Return to the large door corridor through the shortcut in the same room you’re now and interact with the door with a keypad.
- Input: 5534.
- Enter and speak to the janitor.
- Look out the window and then try to leave. Repeat.
- Once the lights go off, immediately hide under the desk.
Kicking and screaming You did what you could.
#2. Murder House: Part 1
- As soon as you gain control over your character, go to the back of the house and enter the small basement window.
- Go all the way left and up the stairs. Head through the door to reach the kitchen.
- Go through the door by the empty cabinet, to the left of the red door to reach the main hall.
- Unlock the front door. A scene will play.
- Go to the van and interact with the side door.
- Pick up one of the cases and bring it to the living room.
- Repeat with the second case. Another scene will play.
- Head upstairs and enter the bedroom.
- Search the dresser, open the right drawer, and pick up the Fuse from inside.
- Also, pick up the Pencil from the corner to the right of the bed.
- Leave, head downstairs, and go to the kitchen through the door at the back of the staircase.
- Approach the stove and search the cabinet beside (bottom drawer) to find another pencil.
- Read the note on table.
- Head to the basement and use the fuse on the fusebox.
- Leave the basement and make your way back to the group. Scene time.
- Return to the basement and talk to Dana.
- Go back to the kitchen.
- Pick up the Mug from the table and use it on the sink to fill it with water.
- Head to the basement once again and give the Mug to Dana. You’ll get a Small Key in exchange.
- While in scene, wait for Dana to say:“…Two years later, many say he still haunts the home he grew up in…”
- Then immediately run towards the doorway.
- Go upstairs and back to the main hall.
- Use the Small Key Dana gave you on the door underneath the stairs.
- Pick up the Flashlight and the Pencil.
- Equip the Flashlight (press Z → Click on the Flashlight; turn on with F) and head to the basement.
- Pick up the crowbar from the sofa.
- Use the Crowbar on the dryer to find a Door Knob inside.
- Go upstairs back to the kitchen.
- Use the Door Knob on the door to the right of the fridge and head inside.
- Pick up the Fire Poker by the fireplace.
- Take the red door for a shortcut back to the main hall.
- Go out the house and approach the van. Read the note on the windshield.
- Head upstairs and enter the door on the left.
- Watch the scene with Gary and Dana.
- Leave the room through the barely visible door on the right.
- Go downstairs and to the basement.
- Find Tom. He’ll give you a Large Key.
- Make your way to the room beneath the stairs and save your game (stand in front of the book → press Z → use Pencil).
#3 Murder House: Part 2
- Go upstairs to sight an horrific scene…
- Once you regain control, quickly run down the hall and up the stairs.
- Use the Large Key on the red door to access the attic.
- Search the dresser with the globe on top and open the right drawer. You’ll find Letter Opener.
- Also, pick up the pencil from the back of the room.
Note: From this point on, the killer will randomly show up around the house and will try to kill you.
Be extremely cautious.
- Go back downstairs and investigate Dana’s head. You’ll find Death Egg.
- Enter the room just to the left (where you had the previous scene with Gary and Dana).
- Use the Letter Opener on the cabinet at the very end. Pick up the Gun from inside.
Payback! Time to fight back
- Go downstairs to the Kitchen.
- Use the Letter Opener on the cabinet to the left of the Sink. You’ll get a First Aid Kit.
- Head to the basement.
- Go through the right doorway towards the room with the mattresses on the floor and use the Letter Opener on the previously locked cabinet. You’ll receive a Magnet.
- Go back to the living room and use the Magnet on the hole at the corner. You’ll get Medium Key.
- Go upstairs and use the Medium Key on the door about halfway the corridor. Head inside.
- After the horrific scene, pick up the Black Light from under the mattress.
- Also, read the note:
- Go to the attic.
- Use the Black Light on the light bulb.
- Move the cabinet with the white liquid under and ride down the dumbwaiter.
- Use the Letter Opener on the cabinet at the very end of the hallway. You’ll get Pistol Ammo.
- Open your inventory and use Pistol Ammo to reload your Gun.
- Enter the room immediately to your right and pick up the Rope from the skeleton.
- Enter the room to the left of the cabinet room and read the note:
- Also, investigate the cabinet and pick up the pencil from the right drawer.
- Enter the bottom left room in front of the torture devices and read yet another note:
You’ve read thoroughly
- Leave to find yourself back at the basement. Make your way to the kitchen.
- Interact with the camera and get the Tape.
- Go back to the main hall and upstairs for a scene.
- Enter the room where you found the Black Light and collect the Egg from Gary’s body.
- Go to the bedroom with the TV and use the Tape on the videocassette recorder.
- Use the Rope on the large cabinet.
- Head inside the hole.
- Search the bathtub to find an Egg.
- Investigate the left drawer on the wall cabinet to find Bandages.
- Leave through the top door.
- Go downstairs and enter the red door.
- Use the piano and press the keys in the following order: 3-3-3-1-2-2-1-5-5-4-4-3
- You’ll receive another Egg.
- Save your game in the room beneath the stairs before progressing further.
- Interact with the basket and put all the four eggs inside.
#4 Murder House: Part 3
- Make your way back to the basement and to the torture room hallway.
- Enter the now open door:
- Go through the narrow passage and use the ladder at the very end.
- Approach the cabinet and pick up the Shotgun.
- Equip the Pistol and prepare yourself to fight the last boss.
- Try to leave the greenhouse to trigger the fight:
- Start with the Pistol and switch to the Shotgun when you run out of ammo.
- Stay away from the boss; shoot once/twice and then immediately run away.
- Use the First Aid Kit or the Bandages when low on health.
- Once you defeat the boss, run around a bit until trigger the ending sequence.
Be Kind, Rewind
You’ve escaped the Murder House
You’ve survived the entire tape
- Load any save and die to the killer.
Emma’s just a statistic now
- Replay the Prologue but let the killer get you on the first chance.
You didn’t make it to the end of the prologue.
- All Murder House Posts List