Guide for Phasmophobia – One solid method for Investigations
Phase 1: Locating the ghost
So first off, the ghost resides in one specific room in the building. The goal of the first phase is to locate that room. since your sanity is high, you should:
- have each person grab an emf or a thermometer and one sound sensor each
- split up, and each person walk to a separate end of the building, checking each room with emf/thermometer on the way
- somewhere along the way, each person put down a sound sensor
if your group fans out and checks each room, you greatly extend your search area, and you are more likely to find the target room quickly. Someone will probably find the ghost’s room eventually, but if this phase is drawing out for too long and y’all have put down all the sound sensors, someone can go back to the truck to see which sensor is picking up the most noise. Target your search in that area, or if none of the sensors are picking up anything, target your search in the excluded areas.
The sound sensor is really effective at narrowing down your search area, which saves time, but other tools like a parabolic sound sensor or salt work too.
Speed is key here, and you’re gonna want to find that room before your sanity drops too low, and you have hunts to deal with.
But once you’ve found the room, you can put the emf inside it (to check for lvl 5) and begin phase 2.
Phase 2: Identifying the ghost
This is where the fun begins, and you start experimenting with the ghost.
Now that you have your room, everyone should head back to the van to grab equipment to setup. It’s up to y’all want you to want to use, but I recommend:
- a book
- spirit box
- video camera
- some UV light
- a photo camera
- and emf and thermometer, if you haven’t already
Go through your equipment and mark off evidence in your journal. It’s suggested that once the camera is set up, you should turn off all the lights in and near the room, and everyone returns to the van to check for spirit orbs. There’s currently an unconfirmed myth that only some of the people in the team can see them.
It is advised to be working in the light as much as possible to keep your sanity up. Once it gets too low, the ghost will start hunting for you and force you to go into phase 3.
Phase 3: Pictures
There is no real line where phase 2 ends, and phase 3 starts. If the ghost has initiated hunts, start phase 3 immediately.
Your sanity will likely have taken a hit at this point in the investigation, and the ghost will begin getting more dangerous.
It is smart to stick together and have one person bring a crucifix, and another person holds a smudge stick and lighter.
Do your best to finish up the investigation and get enough evidence to identify the ghost, but time is not on your side.
This phase is about getting as many good pictures as possible to maximize your profits, so bring a picture camera and take photos of:
- Dirty water in the sink (find a sink near ghost room and fill it first)
- fingerprints or handprints (use UV light)
- the bone
- the ghost itself (if it isn’t currently hunting you!)
- the emf reader going off (unconfirmed if this gets you money)
- the ouija board
It is advised to have someone dedicated to taking pictures and to place a crucifix in the ghost room.
Once you have enough pictures, you should leave before it gets too dangerous. If you don’t have enough evidence, guess.
If all the steps above have gone well, you can count this as a successful investigation!
This section of the guide is dedicated to teaching you how you can practice safety during your investigations.
It is important to note that your sanity is essentially your clock, so if you’re working in good lighting conditions, you can extend your time. You most likely won’t have to worry a lot in phase 1, but you should begin thinking about safety in phase 2.
There are two main ways to help protect yourself.
- have someone bring a crucifixSome people like tossing one inside the ghost room, but it is unconfirmed if that works. It is very confirmed that holding the crucifix and placing it in the room can prevent ghost hunts but will not guarantee it cause the ghost can still materialize in the hallway and charge in. It should be noted that the crucifix is the only way to prevent a ghost hunt once your sanity is low.The crucifix has a small radius, so the places it in the middle of the room.
- In the event of a hunt, hide in an area where you can close a door behind you (any room or locker) and remain still and quiet.
Oh, the smudge stick? They nerfed that. It no longer stops a hunt. It just delays the hunt for a few seconds to give you time to hide.
You’re gonna want those seconds, so bring a smudge stick and a lighter if you expect a hunt to occur.
Take note that hiding inside the ghost room will get you killed. Hide anywhere else except the hallway.
I will detail how hunts work in the next section.
The hunt is the most dangerous aspect of the investigation and the main way for the ghost to kill.
There are four identifying features of Hunts.
- Lights flickering constantly. This will be your flashlight and the room lights. If you see this flickering, a hunt has started, and you must hide Immediately!
- Jammed radio. If you hold down the radio button to speak to your teammates, you will only hear static. If they try to speak to you over the radio, you will only hear static. You can still talk locally, but anyone in the van won’t hear you.
- Heartbeat. This only applies if the lights are flickering, and the radio is jammed. Usually, if you hear the heartbeat, the ghost is coming right at you, and you need to break the line of sight to the ghost Immediately.
- The total activity graph in the van reaches 10. This doesn’t necessarily mean a hunt, but if you see this and you’re only getting static from the radio, and all the lights in the house are flickering… Count yourself lucky you aren’t in there right now. Once the level reaches 0, you can contact your teammates through the radio to let them know the hunt is over.
When a hunt starts, the ghost will most often materialize in the hallways and then begin the chase. 8 seconds will pass between the start of the hunt and the chase, so you have a little bit of time to run into the nearest room and close the door behind you.
If the Ghost attempts to materialize near a crucifix, it will damage the crucifix. The crucifix will break after the second attempt, and you may notice it disappear.
If you identify the hunts early, you can keep yourself safe by hiding quickly. Although, it is greatly recommended that you and your team consider leaving once hunts begin.
Good luck out there, Paranormal investigator!
Extra: the Crucifix
Since there have been many requests on the operation of the Crucifix, I have decided to add a section specifically for its use.
How it works
- You can either hold it or throw it on the floor.
- Either way, the crucifix prevents ghosts from materializing in a 3-meter radius around it.
Ghosts can still materialize outside the radius and hunt you and kill you.
If you’re holding a crucifix, and the ghost materializes and comes for you, the crucifix will not stop it.
- The crucifix is a really nice preventative measure to stop ghost hunts, but it will not guarantee your safety.
It is advised to throw it in the center of the room. You investigate for the best results.
If the ghost begins hunting you anyways, ignore the crucifix instead of finding a place to hide.
It should be noted that the crucifix will break if the ghost attempts to materialize within its radius twice, which is proof it worked and a sign you should leave soon.
The Crucifix can be a vital instrument in protecting you while you’re in there. Can be. Could you not rely on it too much?
Experts agree that hiding is an effective strategy for maintaining your health.
Do bring the crucifix to increase your security.
But also, Do hide, should that fail.
Thanks for checking our blog. I hope the information you found about Phasmophobia – One solid method for Investigations helped you somehow. If you believe we forget to add something or update the post with more information, please let us know via comment below! See you soon!
- All Phasmophobia Posts List