Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice – GOTY Edition – 10 quick tips to get you through (NOOB FRIENDLY)
This started as a ♥♥♥♥ post, but then I started typing stuff that was useful (very out of character of me), so I changed the title 😀
1. Don’t play it like dark souls. Seriously, forget everything you know about soul games because this one is different …..but still the same (but different).
2. Loot and kill as much as you can early game, and don’t skip those people who you’ve fought five times already. It stacks up.
3. If you’re stuck on a boss, it’s good to take a quick break, and before progressing, if it’s something you can come back to, then try doing something else for a bit and come back. Fighting the same boss over and over is good practice for it but is also unhealthy because you might pick up bad habits while fighting it, and it will be hard to break them if you’re constantly doing it for an hour straight
4. EXPLORE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! This will help you familiarize yourself with the map. Now I’m not telling you to go to that one place where there are enemies that will kill you just by sneezing on you, but when you get a mission, and it tells you to go a certain place, you might be like, “Oh Yeah! I know that place! That’s where they killed me by sneezing on me when I was lower level, but I can take them now” Instead of having to pull up google and find out where that place is.
5. Never take your hands off of the kb/m / controller…….ever…EVER!! (you’ll thank me later)
6. Save your Balloons for when you need them. There will come a time where you will want something but aren’t quite there yet. Whether it be coin or XP, there are many guides on YouTube for farming gold and XP, and having boons is a great way to boost it even more.
7. Blocking is a big deal in this game. This game is all about blocking and stealth. Practicing blocking and parrying is going to go far in this game. For every attack an enemy does, there is a way to counter it in some form or fashion. It’s not so much about dodging and doing as much damage as you can. It’s about countering their next attack. And remember, it goes both ways. They can counter your attacks too.
8. Get the Mikiri Counter early. It will save you a lot of headaches.
9. Spend your coin when you can because you lose that stuff fast if you die a couple of times.
10. Candy is very important in this game and can be the difference between winning and losing a boss fight. If you feel like you’re not doing enough damage or you’re taking too much damage, it might be time to pop some candy and try it again! But don’t go crazy. That stuff isn’t cheap and can get scarce quickly.
BONUS TIP!! Don’t die. And if you do, then don’t die again….because the games not called shadows die three times…..even though….never mind. 😀
Good luck, and I hope you found some of these tips useful!
Hey there, thanks for checking our blog. I hope the information you found about Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice – GOTY Edition – 10 quick tips to get you through (NOOB FRIENDLY) helped you. If you believe we forget something to add or want us to add extra on the post, please let us know via comment below. Thanks, and see you soon!
- All Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice - GOTY Edition Posts List