Controllers not being correctly detected:
Your controller isn’t detected. Instead, only keyboard keys have been detected.
This game will accept any controller that it finds.
In my case, Steam and Windows both saw a second generic gaming controller even though there isn't one. This can checked in Steam Big Picture mode's Controller Settings and looking for multiple devices.
If either of these show unexpected controllers (like 2 axis buttons 8 buttons, as in my example), then do this:
- Click the Windows Start Button or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Enter device manager and then click the button to open it.
- Use the drop down menu under Human Interface Devices for a list of devices called HID-compliant gaming controllers.
- Right-click HID-compliant game controller andselect disabled device.
The game should now detect and recognize your controller. This should have no impact on anything else, but it could.
If this doesn't work, you can manually map keyboard keys and controllers via Steam's controller setup aka Steam Input. However this will cause your joystick to be mapped in four directions instead the precision/freedom of an an*log stick. I'd suggest trying to find/unplug/uninstall whatever else may be being detected as a controller instead.
This is all we know about Spark the Electric Jester 3 – Getting Your Controller To Detect/Work, this post original url can be found here and possible new updated to.
- Check All Spark the Electric Jester 3 Posts List