Guide for Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy – Fix for black screen + wrong audio device when using -nohmd
For fixing the issue with this game launching SteamVR on startup, I did the thing everyone recommended and added the -nohmd command to my startup options. But that caused a black screen on launch, and even if I could skip that by removing the intro videos, the audio was still being routed to my VR headset.
Thanks to Reddit user asdvj2 for finding a solution to this problem:
1. Go to C:\Users\”Your Username”\AppData\Local\Falcon\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
2. Make a copy of engine.ini (just in case anything goes wrong)
3. Open the original engine.ini in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and delete the following:
4. Save the file
5. Right-click on engine.ini and select Properties, then check “Read-only” under Attributes
After this, the game should launch normally and send sound to your default device.
Hey there, thanks for checking our blog. I hope the information you found about Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy – Fix for black screen + wrong audio device when using -nohmd helped you. If you believe we forget something to add or want us to add extra on the post, please let us know via comment below. Thanks, and see you soon!
- All Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy Posts List