This guide is intended for users with a monitor/laptop setup with a fixed refresh rate higher than 60hz.
This will allow your game to run fullscreen, but only in (4:3 – which the game supports. I have yet to try applying widescreen patches after this. You will no longer see a black screen if you launch the game fullscreen. Also, there is no need to force you to play in windowed mode.
Monitor fix for higher than 60hz
Use CRU for screen refresh rates up to 60hz
1. Download the Custom Resolution utility (CRU)) right here
https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU – [monitortests.com]
2. Once downloaded, extract the zip files.
3. Open the CRU software (.exe.
4. Select your primary display from the dropdown menu.
5. Click the Add link under the Detailed resolutions section.
6. Select the Resolution dropdown option in the Detailed Resolution window. Next, choose the screen resolution and aspect ratio you prefer. Set the Refresh rate to 60.00 hz.
7. Next, click OK from the window. This will close all open applications.
8. Access the restart64.exe folder from the same directory in which you launched the CRU.exe software.
9. A prompt window asking you to confirm the changes will pop up.
10. You can now select the 60.00Hz refresh rate option from your Advanced display settings.
Accessing the game
1. Before you launch a game, make sure that you have swkotor open first. This can be done via browsing local files. (Right-click the game from your library, and the option) will appear.
2. Access swkotor.exe properties and enable the below:
a. This program is compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 2 –
c. Run to be the administrator
3. After setting the above, launch it.
4. The game will now launch fully screen and the resolution lists in-game won't be blank. The default resolutions available to the game will be limited. You can also enable or adjust other graphic settings until they reach their maximum.
5. After selecting a resolution, the game will continue. You can exit and set your refresh speed back to its default setting. This will not interfere with the game.
I wanted this to be shared because I don't think anyone should miss this amazing game.
And here is the end of the post, i hope you enjoy STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ – [FIX] Launching the game in Fullscreen (Default Resolutions only) . If you believe we mistake something or we forget to add some content on the post let us know via Comment. The original post can be found here
- Check All STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic™ Posts List