Guide for Warframe – The Heat Wave | Ignis Wraith
My name is UltimoFive and today we are going over the Ignis Wraith, The Heat Wave.
- The Ignis Wraith is the wraith version of the Ignis and is obtained by either buying the weapon from Baro Ki’Teer, when he has it in stock, or from an event.
- Ignis Wraith requires a mastery rank of 9
- Ignis Wraith comes with no Polarity Slots, other than a "V" Exilus Polarity Slot and because of this the builds for this weapon require 6 forma.
- Ignis Wraith excels in short to Medium Range Combat and deals with fairly high leveled enemies rather quickly depending on the faction, in small to large crowds.
Comparison to Original Ignis
The Ignis Wraith has a lot of buffs when compared to the original Ignis in different areas. These stats would be:
- Higher Base Damage at 35.0 Vs. 33.0
- Higher Critical Chance at 17% Vs. 11%
- Higher Critical Multiplier at 2.5x Vs. 2.0x
- Higher Status Chance at 29% Vs. 27%
- Larger Magazine Capacity at 200 rounds Vs. 150 rounds
- Larger Max Ammo Capacity at 800 rounds Vs. 750 rounds
- Longer Reach at 27 meters Vs. 20 meters
*Ignis Wraith stats on the left, Original Ignis on the right
Advantages Vs. Disadvantages
- Good Critical Chance at 17%
- High Critical Multiplier at 2.5x
- High Status Chance at 29%
- Pinpoint Accuracy
- Innate Infinite Punch Through against enemies
- Consumes 0.5 ammo per tick of damage
- Innate Heat Damage with no Physical Damage Types.
Corpus: Suggested up to level 140
The Elements for the Ignis Wraith against the Corpus will be Viral/Radiation. Viral amplifies health damage by 100% for 6 seconds and stacks up to 10 times for a total of 325%, meanwhile Radiation causes enemies to attack each other while dealing 100% additional damage to the allied for 12 seconds. This effect can stack up to 10 times up to 550%. The Build’s Flex Slot is High Voltage and makes the build perform really well in high levels. The only issue this weapon would face are the enemies in the index really, due to there multiple defenses. Other than that, this weapon is a blast to use against the Corpus and melts through them like butter.
Corrupted & Grineer: Suggested up to level 140
The Elements for the Ignis Wraith against the Corrupted and Grineer will be Viral/Heat. Heat deals 50% base damage per second over 6 seconds while stripping up to 50% armor and causes targets to panic. The Build’s Flex Slot is Hammer Shot and works very well surprisingly. When I first was testing builds I thought this weapon would 100% need Hunter Munitions, but low and behold it can hold its DPS very well. Although, either mod really works, I just like Hammer Shot more personally.
Infested: Suggested up to level 140
The Element for the Ignis Wraith against the Infested will be Gas. Gas deals 50% base damage per second for 6 seconds in a 3 meter radius and stacks up to 10 times to a total of 6 meters. The Build’s Flex Slot is Bladed Rounds and again Gas pops up. This is turning into something a bit normal in my builds, but spraying literal Gas is so much fun and just eats up the infested like they are nothing.
Recommended Alternative Mods
- Vigilante Supplies – In place of Agile Aim if you want ammo conversion, however this will end up costing 2 more forma in order to equip and is completely optional.
- Vile Acceleration – In place of any of the flex slots for the builds. The reason this isn’t implemented into any of the builds is because it increases burst DPS, but it takes a toll on Ammo and eats through it very quickly on higher levels.
- Hammer Shot – In place of High Voltage in the Corpus build if you want Viral/Heat instead of Viral/Radiation. Which stays up to par, but after several tests Viral/Radiation proved to be better.
- Hunter Munitions – In place of Hammer Shot in the Corrupted and Grineer build if you want Slash procs instead of increased Critical Damage and Status Chance. This is optional as they both do the same amount of work.
Synergy With Ignis Wraith
There are several ways to enhance Critical Chance and Damage for this weapon:
- Rhino’s Roar adds bonus damage.
- Nova’s Molecular Prime makes all sources of damage increase by 100% against primed enemies, on top of that they will detonate upon death dealing blast damage.
- Saryn’s Toxic Lash mixed with her Spores abilities.
- Mirage’s Eclipse mixed with her Hall of Mirrors adds a massive damage bonus during the day or in light.
- Wisp’s Haste Reservoir bolsters fire rate, in turn increasing DPS.
- Harrow’s Covenant can add up to 50% Critical Chance and 200% on headshots.
- Adarza Kavat with Cat’s Eye can give a 60% Critical Chance boost.
- Smeeta Kavat with Charm can give 200% Crit Chance.
- Arcane Acceleration – Upon Critical Hit, 30% chance for 90% Fire Rate to Primary Weapons for 9 seconds.
- Arcane Rage – Upon getting Headshot, 15% chance for 180% Damage to Primary Weapons for 24 seconds.
- Arcane Avenger – Upon being damaged, 21% chance for 45% Critical Chance for 12 seconds.
- Arcane Primary Charger – On Melee Kill, 30% chance for 300% damage to Primary Weapons for 12 seconds.
Hope you all liked my guide. If you did make sure to like and leave a favorite, it helps out a lot! If you want I have been uploading more consistently on YouTube and you can check out all my builds on there by following the link below!
Click to check out Channel 🠖 https://www.youtube.com/c/UltimoFive
See you guys on the next guide!
I hope you enjoy what we shared today about Warframe – The Heat Wave | Ignis Wraith. If there is anything, you want us to add, please let us know via comment below! See you soon! And thanks!
- All Warframe Posts List